Designing and manufacturing molds always requires the worker to be experienced as well as a person with patience and meticulousness because small errors in some details also cause the mold to become deformed as well as distort, distort, damage the mold as well as the finished product of the mold. No matter how strict the pattern design process may be, the human factor is a problem. Besides, you can take a look at the 12 notes that we give, below are just common notes and when doing practically will arise many other problems but the more you will experience.
Table of Contents
1 . . Never miss the edge.
(1) Parts that are not formed should avoid sharp edges.
The details have sharp angles or edges, the details are prone to collapse when absorbing nitrogen.The fact that there is no R angle creates processing stress.The parts will fail soon.If the core or cavity is not placed beveled at the edge.This can cause resistance during injection pressing.
(2) There are no standards for bevels.
The beveled lines of the pattern are uniform and look beautiful.Depending on the size of the version, use different types of bevels.
(3) The assembly of parts must be laid beveled at the edge.
Assembly holes for parts and heads for shaft-type parts.There needs to be a proper bevel.This facilitates assembly and is less damaged.And it is very easy to type the latch into the assembly unit.As the picture shows.
2. Design the holes correctly.
(1) Avoid breaking the edges of the hole.
- The edges of the hole and the worn block are damaged.
- Between the holes there must be a certain distance. The margin should be at least 3-6mm.
- Avoid placing cooling water aduct holes too close to the holes with hoses. Blindfold holes to avoid interfering with plumbing vents.
- There is a gap between the cooling adduct hole and the cooling adduct hole.
- The hole must not be too close to the outside of the part.
- There must be a gap between the coolant hole and the spray hole.
(2) Hole diameter of the screw.
The diameter of the over end of the hexagonal socket screw must not be too large. Otherwise, the contact area of the screw plane will be reduced.
(3) Lace plumbing on the taper.
If the oblique angle has a lace hole, make sure to create a plane on the oblique angle. As the image shows. If you drill directly on the inclined surface. The drill and hose will be prone to breaking and damaging the workpiece.
(4) Design intersecting cooling adduct holes in the same plane.
Cooling water holes cut each other on the same plane. One hole should be more than half the diameter of the bottom of the other hole. In particular, avoid the intersection of the bottom two ends of the two holes. Otherwise, the drill is prone to breakage when perforated, as in Figure (a). Picture (b) is correct.
(5). Cooling water aduct hole.
The 3D shape of the cooling adduct head is not flat. It’s as wrong as figure (a). It should be designed with a sharp angle of 120°. As pictured (b).
3. Screws and nuts are sophisticatedly designed.
- Arrange the screws near the part where the joint is most bearing.
- The sinkholes of hexagonal socket screws must be uniform and meet the standards.
- The mechanism that prevents the nut of the rotating mechanism from loosening must be reliable.
- The effective depth of the threaded hole must exceed the length that the screw needs to screw into. In general the effective length of the screw is equal to 1.5-2 times the diameter of the screw.
- The glasses must not interfere with other parts. To have enough space for the nuts to be tightened. Ensure space for the installation and removal of bolts.
4. Place the screws for the gaskets.
- The blindfold screw holes must be beveled at the mouth. As the image shows.The screws are airy with mold and there is space on the plane.The screws are bent during lifting, which carries many risks.
- Place the position of the glasses reasonably. Pay attention to the focus of the mold after lifting.
- When molding, the mold is only upwards of 5°. Otherwise, the installation of molds is very difficult.
- Consider the permissible load of eye bolts.
5. Set the correct latch.
- Parts assembled together must have two latches of the appropriate size.It cannot be replaced with screws.
- The distance between the two latches must not be too close. Positioning pins and hexagonal screws should be staggered to get higher positioning accuracy.
- The metal legs should be easy to disassemble. Therefore, the needle holes must be smooth and of the right size.
- For asymmetrical structure. Latches are not arranged on symmetrical parts. Errors are prone to errors during assembly.
- When the side force effect, do not rely only on latches and screws to fix the wedge.
- remove unnecessary latches.
6. Apply the right standard parts.
- Try to use standard parts when designing molds.
- Do not misuse the standards of standard parts.
- The selection of standard parts for mold structure parts must be appropriate.
7. Install the lock block properly.
A pair of molds must be equipped with two lock blocks.Prevent mold from opening up during transportation and processing.Mold damage and safety accidents.Like showing an image.
8. Molds must be provided with an opening groove mold.
The function of the mold opening groove is to facilitate the opening of the mold.The four corners of plate A and plate B have grooves.Standardize the size, depth and size of the mold groove.Like showing an image.
9. Avoid difficulties when lifting and laying molds.
- Lace latholes must be provided on each side of the mold.
- Molds should be equipped with support columns. Used to protect the core pull structure and cut the oil. Support for large molds requires step-by-step insertion. As the picture shows.
10. Strict part design.
- Try to avoid the size of the mold into decimals.It’s as wrong as pictured.
- Avoid designing parts into asymmetrical shapes.
11. Mold base design and selection.
- The reference angle of the mold base is the right angle edge of the offset guide hole.
- When ordering a standard mold base, first design a 2D drawing. As the picture shows.
- Sample material must be suitable.
- Set the groove to open the mold.
- Pay attention to the intersection of vulnerabilities.
12. Mark the surface roughness of the parts.
- Mark the surface roughness according to quality requirements.
- Surface roughness can be divided into: smooth surface of the mirror, casting surface, mating surface, non-mating surface.
- The marking of surface roughness must be compatible with the detailed processing method.
- The requirements for the surface roughness of the core and cavity of the transparent plastic mold are consistent.
- The surface roughness of the mold cavity of the electroplated parts must be suitable.
Mold fabrication design is a job that requires patience, meticulousness as well as experience in mold processing, with the experience of manual precision machining to the proficient use of modern CNC precision machining machines further making the finishing of mold products as delicate and with the smallest possible error.
At VCC Molds we have experienced engineers in precision mechanical engineering. Are you looking forward to finding a partner to grow together? Looking forward to learning more about prices and services? Please contact me via Hotline: 0934 683 166 or leave a message for us here. We will answer all your questions as soon as possible.
Vietnam Capacity Precision Mold Joint Stock Company
Address: Lot B2-3-3b, Nam Thang Long Industrial Park, Thu Phuong, Bac Tu Liem, Bac Tu Liem, Hanoi
Phone: (+84)24 6687 8283
Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/u6TrPvLWSb3bXAwQ6